Cyrenian House is a leading not-for-profit organisation operating within the alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment sector in Western Australia since 1981. With an ethos of consumer engagement, reflective and innovative practice, Cyrenian House delivers professional and effective education, counselling and rehabilitative treatment services, making a positive and meaningful difference in the lives of people affected by alcohol and other drugs.
We currently have the following vacancy in our organisation.
Non Residential Services
Full time – 76 hours per fortnight (JOB CODE: CEFTNRS)
We are seeking a Counsellor Educator for our Residential Pathways Program (RPP). The Counsellor Educator’s role is to provide proficient, culturally secure counselling, assessment education and support to consumers and their families and the local community. The Counsellor Educator will possess a sound level of clinical knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment.
If you are interested in this position and you possess a sound level of knowledge and skills, together with well-established work practices that exercise initiative and sound judgment, we would like to hear from you.
Salary level 4-5, $67,310 – $79,500 (per annum, pro rata)
This position also comes with attractive employee benefits and salary packaging, excellent working conditions and professional training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in social, behavioural or health sciences or equivalent experience in the alcohol and drug
- Demonstrated and well developed assessment and counselling
- Experience in presenting information groups.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary case management
- Knowledge of alcohol and other drug issues, drugs of concern and other medications.
- Experience in working with consumers from diverse backgrounds and different cultural groups.
- Demonstrated and well developed interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Experience in delivering education and training programs to other providers and community groups.
- Experience in working as part of a
- Current Police clearance and current First Aid
- Current “C’ class drivers license and reliable vehicle
For further information, please contact Peter Duncan, Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a copy of the JDF please click on the link below:
Applicants MUST address the selection criteria in their application.
Cyrenian House is committed to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cyrenian House is a smoke-free organisation.
Please email applications to email@example.com by 5pm, 16th November, 2018