A free, intensive training package that will run one day per week. Following the training, you will be offered a one-week placement across Cyrenian House sites.
You will receive ongoing clinical supervision, guidance and support so you will be able to effectively and holistically treat your consumers. Develop core skills, knowledge and confidence.
As a worker in a non AOD Community service, you will advance your skills to become the ‘AOD Champion’ for your agency and be able to offer support to other workers as well as expanding the capacity for care in your agency.
Please click in the following link to download the Training Information Flyer – CyrenianHouse Training Information Flyer
You will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of AOD
- Support consumers presenting with AOD issues
- Assess needs of consumers
- Treat presenting issues
- Have a wider knowledge of other agencies and referral pathways
- Develop networks and working relationships topics that will be covered:
- Aetiology and epidemiology of drug use
- Drug categories and their effects
- Dependence and addiction
- Models of addiction behaviour
- Raising the issue and assessment
- Motivational interventions
- Problem solving and goal setting
- Giving up
- Brief intervention and harm reduction o
- Overview of services and referral options
Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drug.
Upon completion of the training you will be eligible for assessment for a Certificate IV in AOD from North Metro TAFE.
How do I register?
If you are interested in participating in this training, please click on the link below to download the training registration form