CYRENIAN HOUSE is excited to announce the next round of our award-winning PEER SUPPORT PLUS training program. Trained volunteer Peer Support Workers use their lived experience to inspire hope in others whilst supporting their own recovery journey.
Please click in the following link to download the Training Information Flyer
Please click the following link to download the Application form
What are the benefits of being a Peer Support Worker?
- Receive on-going support through peers and staff.
- Certificate of completion.
- Have access to on-going training opportunities and supervision.
- Gain work skills and work experience
What do Peer Support Workers do?
- Create a safe recovery environment in which to:
- Co-facilitate our new Peer Support Recovery Group and existing groups.
- Co-facilitate engagement in community activities and events.
- Develop on-going skills to support self and others.
- Lived experience of own alcohol & other drug (AOD) use & recovery , or of another person’s (as carer), and have been a Cyrenian House service consumer.
- Stable in personal recovery.
- Former residential consumers to be a minimum 3 to 6 months out of TC and abstinent from AOD use. Non-residential consumers to be minimum 9 to 12months abstinent from AOD use.
- Non-judgmental and open to different approaches to AOD recovery.
- Works comfortably in a group environment.
This is a voluntary role and can require up to 3-4 hours a week of your time on agreed rostered days. Minimum commitment of 6 months to the role is preferable.
January: 9th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 21st & 23rd (6 days over 2 weeks, 9:30am to 4pm), at 318 Fitzgerald St, North Perth.
Friday 7th December, 9:30am. Come have a chat with the facilitators to see if this program is for you
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14th December. For an application form or more info email email@example.com or contact Vanessa on 9328 9200.