Join our next round of PEER SUPPORT training !
Cyrenian House is excited to announce the next round of our PEER SUPPORT PLUS training program. Trained volunteer Peer Support Workers use their lived experience to inspire hope in others whilst supporting their own recovery journey.
What are the benefits of being a Peer Support Worker?
• Safely utilise your ‘lived experience’ to share connection with other consumers.
• Receive on-going support through peers and staff.
• Certificate of completion.
• Have access to on-going training, super-vision and Peer networking opportunities.
• Gain work skills and work experience.
What do Peer Support Workers do?
Create a safe recovery environment in which to:
• Co-facilitate our Peer Support Recovery Group and existing groups.
• Co-facilitate engagement in community activities and events.
• Develop on-going skills to support self and others.
• Co-design new Peer opportunities.
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the PSP Training Flyer:
Have lived experience of your own AOD use & recovery or of another person’s (as a ‘significant other’), and have been a Cyrenian House service consumer.
Stable in personal recovery.
Former residential consumers to be a minimum 3 to 6 months out of TC and abstinent from AOD use. Non-residential consumers to be minimum 9 to 12 months ab-stinent from AOD use.
Must be non-judgmental and open to different approach-es to AOD recovery.
Participate comfortably in a group environment.
This is a voluntary position and will require up to 2-4 hours a week of your time on rostered days. Minimum commitment of 6 months to the role is preferable.
July: 8th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th & 18th (6 days over 2 weeks, 9:30am to 4pm), at 318 Fitzgerald St, North Perth.
Thursday 30th May, 11:45am—12:45pm. Come have a chat with the facilitators to see if this program is for you.
Applications close 5pm, Wed 5th June. For an application form or more info email email@example.com or contact Vanessa on 9328 9200.
To download a copy of the PSP Training Application Form please click on the link below: